Terms and conditions of Auction
Cash or good check with proper I.D. day of sale. No goods removed from premises until settled for. All goods sold as is where is with no guarantees or warranties. Sales force acting as sales agents only and assume no guaranties or liabilities and are not responsible for accidents or goods after sold. The bidder is responsible for knowing which items he is bidding on. If he is unsure, he should inquire or not bid. When you become the bidder at auction you have affected a contract and will be expected to pay for items in which you were evidenced to be the successful bidder. Auctioneer will not honor “mistakes”. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept bids in any increments he feels is in the best interest of his client the seller. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject the bidding of any person whose conduct, actions, or adverse comments he feels is not in the best interest of the seller. Announcements made at Auction take precedence over all printed matter. A 5% buyer’s premium will be added to all purchases. A check limit of $50.00 until you are an established customer and convenience fee of 4% will be applied to card purchases. Coins purchases will be held until your checks clear if unknown to auction service.
ONLINE: Payment Instructions
Cards will be charged following the auction. Charges will include final bid price & a buyer's premiums of 13%. Any bidders with cards that are declined on reconciliation day a $35 dollar processing fee will be charged to run another credit card. Everything is sold "as is" and all sales are final. Bidders hereby waive their right to initiate a chargeback on his/her credit card for any reason.
EXTENDED BIDDING FEATURE: This auction features extended bidding! Any lot that receives a bid within 5 MINUTES of its scheduled closing will remain open for bids past its normal close and then enter into extended bidding. The lot will remain open until there are no bids received on that lot for a period of 5 MINUTES. This only affects lots with last minute bids; other lots will continue to close at their normal times. If you have questions please call us 217-960-6276 or 217-899-4411. When a max bid is placed, the current bid price does not automatically go to your max bid. Another bidder has to bid to increase the current price and the computer will automatically inject your bid in the next increment, continually after being outbid, until it reaches your maximum bid amount. “This online-only auction doesn’t behave nor conform to a live auction which you might be used to …if after we say your lot has closed there is an Internet problem, we will reopen your lot for further bidding. However, if there is no Internet outage nor service interruption, then we will consider “closed” to mean “Sold!”
Terms and Conditions
1. All persons attending the exhibition, sale, or removal of merchandise assume all risk of damage to person or property and specifically release and indemnify Adcock Auction Service from liability.
2. All property is sold "AS IS", and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Property is open to thorough public inspection. It is the bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Adcock-Britz Auction Service may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the internet and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall Adcock-Britz Auction Service be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value.
3. All internet bidders agree to pay a buyer's premium equal to 13% on the hammer price on each item they purchase.
4. Bidders who bid from off-site understand and acknowledge that they may not be able to inspect an item as well as if they examine it in person. It is the bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age genuineness, value or any other determining factor. Adcock-Britz Auction Service shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it. Adcock-Britz Auction Service will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidders agree that everything is sold as and that they may not return any item they purchase for any reason.
5. Adcock-Britz Auction Service is providing internet bidding as a service to bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall bidder have any kind of claim against Adcock-Britz Auction Service or anyone else if the internet service fails to work correctly before or during the live auction. Adcock-Britz Auction Service will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged, should use the Proxy-Bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction ends. Adcock-Britz Auction Service reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.
6. The auctioneer should advance the bid at his own discretion. Adcock-Britz Auction Service may withdraw any item before or during the auction. Should a tie or dispute arise between two bidders, the auctioneer may, at his discretion reopen the bidding until the property is sold. The record of the auction made by Adcock-Britz Auction Service shall be conclusive.
7. When the auctioneer says "sold" Bidder assume full responsibility for the merchandise. Everything MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE AUCTION. Payment shall be made by VISA, MASTERCARD, PAYPAL, or DISCOVER. Unless exempt by law the purchaser shall pay any and all applicable taxes. Bidder agrees indemnify Adcock-Britz Auction Service against any claim if sales tax is not collected on bidders purchases. Bidder further agrees that under no circumstances will he/she initiate a charge back on his/her credit card.
8. Any merchandise not removed by bidder may be resold at the next auction or disposed of in any other way Adcock-Britz Auction Service deems to be suitable. Once you become the successful bidder it is your responsibility to pick up the item.
9. Adcock-Britz Auction Service may refuse a bidder's number to anyone for any reason. Bidder agrees to provide any identification Adcock-Britz Auction Service may request including but not limited to: driver's license: photo copies of credit cards, social security card or passport. Bidders agrees to comply with any stated additional terms or conditions associated with particular items.
10. CHOICE OF LAW, JURISDICTION, AND VENUE: Any auction matter shall be exclusively construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any controversy or claim between the parties shall be the city of Springfield (Sangamon County) in the state of Illinois.
11. We want you to be happy with your purchases. If you have any question about the merchandise the time to ask questions is well in advance of the live auction. No returns are allowed. Thank You for your patronage.
Our first priority is that your items are received by you in the same condition as when we list them in our auction. All pickups need to be within 96 hours or as advertised following the auction. Long distance buyers can make other arrangements, any and all items to be shipped will be packaged and shipped by Fed-Ex at buyers expense. Items are to be picked up at the Jefferson Center at 408 W Jefferson, Auburn, IL 62615.